IMPORTANT: Please follow this guide to reduce potential problems. Well formatted files result in faster turn-around times and the most accurate final product.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Illustrator CC
- Photoshop CC
- InDesign CC
Compatible File Formats
- JPG – Saved with maximum quality possible (settings under image options).
- TIFF – Saved with LZW compression.
- PSD – CMYK colour mode with all layers flattened.
- PDF – Hi-Resolution images embedded. Always save with “Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities” on.
- EPS – Saved with “embed fonts for other applications” feature turned on.
- AI – PDF compatible file. Saved with “compression option” on.
- INDD – With multiple pages saved in a single file. (Always package InDesign files)
- Size: Verify the dimensions and orientation of your artwork.
- Colour: Set the colour mode to CMYK (We print In CMYK mode only).
- Pantone Colour: All objects with pantone referenced colours must be on a separate layer.
- Fonts: All fonts must be converted to outlines – or included when supplying art.
- Bleed: 0.5” – 1” bleed must be included in artwork.
- Transparency: All transparencies must be flattened.
- Layer: Artwork layers must be flattened except the layers for cut contours and pantone colours.
- Effects: Rasterize all effects/filters with a reasonable resolution (with a minimum resolution of 100dpi).
- Resolution: When setting up your files, the resolution must be a min of 100dpi (at 100%) size.
- Linked Images: Embed all links or provide us with all the linked images in a folder called “links”.
- Package: All InDesign files (include both fonts and links).
- Provide Layers in Art: Organize all elements on respective layers (“cut path”, “background”, “text”, “white spot/ink”, etc).
- Backlit CMYK – Indicate backlit mode in your order for prints that are lit from behind.
- White Print– Make an “alpha channel” in photoshop or add a “white layer” in vector software
- Indicate if the white should be in backlit mode (200% density).
- Indicate if you require the white printing to be over or under print.
- If a Colour Proof has not been requested (additional charge), we will print directly from the file(s) provided. The customer waives the right to dispute any colour discrepancies.
- We print in CMYK only.
- If Colour Matching is required, we will colour match with the exception that some spot (Pantone) colours cannot be matched 100%, due to the nature of our printing process and the limitations of the inks.
- Email 10mb or less.
- wetransfer.com (free): under 2GB
- DropBox 300mb or less.
- DVD, CD, USB 300mb and over.
- Compressing your files may make file transfer easier (.zip, .sit,.rar).