UBC’s Conversation Pit recently went through a renovation to help improve and engage students in conversation. With the help of Public Design and Multigraphics, the 40+ year old building was given a fresh breath of life via wall murals and wallpapers to capture the bliss and positivity of the space. The inspiration of the graphics came from lava lamps, mood rings, unicorns, and everything 70s (when the building was erected). The result has been very positive as seen via students engaging in thread connecting, wallpaper colouring, or Instagram sharing.
Here’s what was involved:
- Textured Wall Mural using 3M Wall Decor Finishes – 40 ft Wide x 9ft High.
- Supply and installation of long screws with matte white heads and wall plugs.
- Supply and installation of 3 colours of “Divine Twine X Giant Spool” (2400 yards each).
- Custom fabrication and installation of Thread Spool Holders.
- Three dimensional 1″ thick, painted letters with digitally printed coloured graphic applied on face.
- Printed Wallpaper designed to be coloured by students – 38 ft Wide x 8 ft High.
- Custom fabricated and cut acrylic plaque with full colour graphic.